Thursday, March 1, 2007

I went to the store the other day to buy some cough drops and tylenol etc... and i got some DayQuil and some NyQuil too, cause I was sick and having trouble making it through each day. So I go to the check out counter... and it's one of those self-check-out things where you scan it yourself. I scan my DayQuil.. and lo and behold, a message pops up on the screen saying "Wait for Approval".... so I wait.. and .. the attendant lady comes to me, looks at the DayQuil, and asks for my ID. Now... I can understand if I was buying 10 DayQuils at once... or a handgun and a bottle of Tylenol.. but to card me for buying one DayQuil? Like she's going to remember me and testify at my court date when I decide to overdose on DayQuil and commit suicide, but fail to do so, and end up getting charged with attempted murder of myself. Like she'll be the one to step up and say "I carded that kid when he bought it! He had a malicious look on his face!" I hope she gets taken to jail for being stupid. Anyways.... I got my DayQuil.

2 comments:

Ashlea said...

They probably want to make sure you're not going to make up a big batch of meth with it.

I was carded by a little old lady for buying "Rosemary's Baby," with my son in the cart. I was like, "Are you serious?" and she told me I looked like I was 17. That's another thing where I could understand if I was buying alcohol or whatever, but a MOVIE? Sheesh. People need to lighten up.

Kellye said...

Damn wal mart nazis! I got carded when I tried to buy super glue. Are you serious?? I'm sure I could imagine up some damage to do with super glue but nothing that could or would harm the fine people of wal mart.